Early this morning despite the 30 degree weather...a friend and I ventured out for a walk in the sunshine. We had planned to go at 7:30 but when I awoke this morning, my daughter had left a note on the kitchen counter letting me know that that the plans had been changed until 8:30 instead. After enjoying my first cup of coffee of the day I decided to use my extra time to make an apple pie.
My friend and I met several years ago when we moved into this house. Our daughters knew each other from school and I was pleasantly surprised to find that she and her family lived only four doors away.Our first weekend in the house my husband and I set about trying to paint all the rooms before the furniture arrived on Monday. We were fortunate to have family come and give us a hand, but we had not realized the huge endeavor before us. Late Sunday night, tired and hungry, we were about to give up when the doorbell rang. There on the front porch was my daughter's friend holding a hot apple pie that her Mom had made and sent over. I had never before and have never since tasted a pie so wonderful. I think we finished it that night. We have since become friends over the years and she is a really incredible person.
Now whenever I make an apple pie I think of her and her kindness and how lucky I am to know her.........and she is a terrific walking buddy!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment