Saturday, February 7, 2009
This morning when I awoke the sun was out, the temperatures had risen and it was a great day for a walk. It felt so good to be outside with the sun on your face. The park was filled with happy children running and giggling and the sounds of dogs barking hello to each other as they met up at the dog park. There is so much to get done today...but it's so much easier to face it all with the sun shining.
Above is a photo of the ripple afghan that I have been working on. I like the ability to work on something when I settle into the couch for the night and the gentle motion of this pattern calms me down after a crazy day. I have a feeling this will be a project that takes me through to the spring...but that's OK. No rush.
This quilt however....has to be done by March for a certain someones 21st birthday. I have the back pieced out of pale yellow cotton with a strip of the various fabrics traveling across the back. I have never tried machine quilting before ...so I think I may do a practice run on a smaller version before I take on the larger quilt. I watched a great tutorial on a blog recently and it was really helpful. To be honest with you...it looks nothing like I had envisioned it...but it is growing on me. I hope the recipient will too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The quilt looks wonderful. What a great gift that certain 21 year old. I think she will treasure it.
ReplyDeleteI agree, always much easier when the sun is shinning. Your quilt looks fantastic!
ReplyDelete