Thursday, January 29, 2009

Where did January go?

Ok...I love a good snowstorm as much as the next person. All quiet and white and peaceful as it falls. The air smells fresh and clean and outside it's so beautiful as the neighborhood is covered in a blanket of snow. But..... I am over it.
Now I long for warm weather and trees filled with greenery and the ability to get outside and soak up some sunshine.
I wish I could say that I have accomplished all the things I set out to do this month. I have made progress on the "disappearing nine patch" quilt that I started in December although it has morphed into something quite unlike the quilt I had in mind. I like it none the less, but I think I was overly ambitious when it came to all the piecing and matching of seams. It is much like my mind these days....all chaotic and traveling in a million different directions. But I kind of like that about it. The quilt...not my mind.

I probably shouldn't have started to learn to crochet a ripple-along blanket or purchased the felt and sequins to make some bird-like Christmas ornaments until the quilt was done....but that's just me. I am just hoping I will be able to finish the above 3 projects before I go out and start 3 more in February. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment