Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wednesday.........

Ok, after pulling out my old sewing machine so as to not ruin my good one..... I finally got started on machine quilting for the first time. I watched a really helpful tutorial, was given additional guidance from the creator of said tutorial, and still I did not realize how exhausting this was going to be. That being said.....I did manage to get through about half of the quilt before I got tired....and sloppy....and ended up with a huge section of "wonky". Being a Virgo....that was not an option.

I have since developed a long and close relationship with my seam ripper and managed to remove quite a bit of stitching thus allowing me the opportunity to get it right the 2nd time, I hope. I have to say that I think in the future I will go with the tried and true method of curling up on the couch with a needle and thread and hand-quilting future projects.

On a completely unrelated note.......how cute is this guy? I happened to look out the window this weekend and spotted him high up in a tree with an entire piece of bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment